Dear Stonebridge Family,
Please read this entire message regarding changes to our services and ministries:
As we continue to receive information concerning coronavirus, our goal is to respond responsibly in an effort to protect the health of the community and our congregation while maintaining a high value of gathered worship. The CDC and the city of Cedar Rapids are recommending “social distancing” as a means of slowing the spread of the virus, which involves canceling or postponing large gatherings.
Out of love and care for our congregation and community, particularly those most vulnerable, it seems prudent for a church our size to follow this guidance during this period of heightened awareness. Please continue in prayer for an end to this situation and for wisdom for those making decisions to protect people in our country and around the world
Therefore, we are encouraging everyone to participate in worship via our live stream (watch.stonebridge.live) at 10:45 AM each Sunday. We will NOT be holding worship services open to the public at Stonebridge until further notice. We are so thankful we are blessed with the ability to offer this option and continue to gather to worship the Lord together through music, giving (online or text) and the preaching of the Word. *Please see our livestreaming FAQ’s below
In addition, we are instating a “spring break” for all weekly ministry activities that meet at the church. This includes classes, groups, Bible studies, Wednesday night ministries, open forums for the statement of faith, lunches and other scheduled ministry gatherings. LIFE Groups & Classes: we ask that groups and classes follow the recommendations of health officials and refrain from meeting in person
Church Office Closed: In light of increased community spread of COVID-19, we have decided to close the church office until further notice. Staff will be checking email and voicemails throughout the day (M-F). You can also join our private Facebook Groups to join the conversation and stay up to date:
Our 10:45 AM online service will have a more relational feel and will include some family follow-up resources for you to use as discussion starters in your homes. Also, the chat feature on our streaming site will open up at 10:30 AM, and we invite you to use that as ‘lobby time’ to jump on and spend some time together! We are looking forward to worshiping with you Sunday at watch.stonebridge.live.
“In the Meantime” by Pastor Brandon Levering
“8 Things the Coronavirus Should Teach Us” by Mark Oden
“Coronavirus, Christians and a Christ-Centered Response” by Ed Stetzer
“Should Christians Be Anxious About the Coronavirus” by Todd Wagner
“How I Survive Social Distancing” by Paul Tripp
Cleaning & Disinfecting Recommendations: CDC
Follow our Spotify playlist
*Livestreaming Trouble Shooting FAQ:
- Check your network connection to be sure you are connected to the internet.
- Multiple users on your home network watching video at the same time may interfere with the quality of video streaming.
- Test your bandwidth speed – www.speedtest.net. For the best viewing experience, select a server near your location and test to see if you have a connection of at least 10 Mbps (down speed)
- Boost your Wifi or disconnect from Wifi and use ethernet
- If you’re watching on a computer, select a lower bitrate from the Video Quality drop-down menu located below the bottom-right corner of the video screen.
- Update your browser.
- Close additional browser tabs.
- Browsers often auto-mute the video, if you are not hearing sound, unmute your video